Monday, July 25, 2016

What I'm Binging On Netflix: Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Last weekend, I had quite a bit of time to myself while my family was away on college visits. Instead of resuming one of my normal shows that I've been watching for a while, I decided that it was time to start something new. The thumbnail image was a pop of color so it really stood out amongst the other TV shows, and in terms of content, it really sets itself aside from other shows I've watched in the past.


The show stars comedienne Rachel Bloom as Rebecca Bunch, a big-time lawyer in New York City who decides to move cross-country to a tiny LA suburb in pursuit of a guy she dated for two months at summer camp when she was 16. The more you watch the show, the more it makes you question if she's actually the crazy one in comparison to all the people she meets. (Spoiler alert: She's definitely crazy.)

I think the absolute best thing about this show is the musical numbers. They do about 2 musical numbers per episode spanning across every genre you could ever think of and they're hilarious. I've embedded the YouTube video of one of my favorite songs from the show below.



The episodes were about 45 minutes a piece on Netflix and there were 18 episodes in the first season. I was able to watch all the episodes in a two day span with some dedication. The second season is set to come out this Fall and I'm super excited to watch it!

1 comment:

  1. My co-workers have been trying to get me to watch this show since I'm a singer/musical freak. This sounds so funny and I'll definitely have to check it out when I'm on a Netflix binge again.

    thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! *I reserve the right to delete any comments deemed offensive or unrelated to the post*
-Katelyn