Monday, January 11, 2016

Weekend Update (Week One)


As you may have figured from the terribly photoshopped image of Tina Fey and I (sorry Amy Poehler), this is my weekend update! Aren't I so funny and talented?

Anyway, this week has been a big one for Constantly Katelyn. With the posting of my first coloring page, I doubled all the views I had ever received on my blog. Because of that, I decided that it would be a great idea to continue to post coloring pages that I've made. Right now I'm working on editing a painting I did in my AP art class last year so that just the line work remains. I've included my progress below. Hopefully this one will be ready to go sometime this week. The painting was titled "Woodland Creatures" so the coloring page is obviously called "Woodland Creatures Coloring Page". I know, super creative too. The first image is the current progress of me cutting out all of the colored areas and the second image is of the original painting.



I also have a painting of a french bulldog that is referenced from a photo I took of my grandmother's french bulldog, Chloe, that I did last year and will probably turn that one into a coloring page after I'm done with the woodland creatures. The french bulldog painting is much more complicated than this one, and it's probably going to need some line refining/redrawing, so don't expect it to be posted for at least another week. I actually gave that painting to my grandmother and it is currently hanging in her kitchen, which is really cool. I'm going to include an image of the painting below so that you guys can anticipate the coloring page that is yet to come.



Speaking of my grandmother, she recently started her own blog because she's the coolest grandmother ever. Her blog can be found at billie2016.wordpress.com. Although, I really wished that she had chosen to go with a Blogger blog, because I'm finally mastering this platform and I'd be of a little more assistance for questions. Also, I'm totally a Blogger user and not a Wordpress one. (It's just like you have to be a Coke person or a Pepsi one.) Fun fact: Blogger's spellcheck feature doesn't even recognize the word 'Wordpress'.

And briefly back on the topic of coloring pages, I really like making these coloring pages and my parents think it would be a super cool project for me to work on over the Summer. I'm starting to consider making my own coloring book. The theme would probably be different breeds of dogs made up of patterns (like the french bulldog painting above). Does anyone reading this have any knowledge on getting a book printed up? If so, please contact me. 

This week, I started my second semester classes. This semester, I'm taking U.S. women's history, my public speaking class, 2D art foundations and 3D art foundations. The art classes are starting off to be a lot of fun and I can't wait to show you guys some of the work that I make. I've never taken a real 3D class besides jewelry in high school, so I'm kind of nervous to see how that turns out. I also have to take my health class this semester, but that's only the second half of the semester.

I got all of my supplies for my art classes from Blick the other day, and it's super fun to open up new art supplies, but at the same time, I'm like, I spent how much on 6 jars of paint? I got a really nice exacto-knife set that I'm going to be using in my first design project which is about all over, repeating pattern that can accomplish visual ground reversal. (It's kind of a complicated project, but I'm still looking forward to it.)

I've been watching a lot of the TV show "Awkward" lately and it has really inspired me to start doing personal posts like these because of the main character's personal blog. Our lives don't really parallel except for the fact that we both have blogs, but I thought it may be fun to do some more personal posts like these. I'm going to try not to bore you all, so I'm going to do only about one a week. (Skip them if you'd like, it doesn't hurt my feelings.)

I'm also now realizing that I totally forgot to share a picture of the turducken I had when I went home for break. Turducken featuring my grandmother's homemade sourdough cheese bread, edamame, scalloped potatoes (which I helped make) and sparkling apple juice in a fancy glass. Our turducken was purchased at Costco this year and besides it being a chicken inside of a duck inside of a turkey, it is also sausage stuffed and bacon wrapped. And people assume I'm a vegetarian sometimes...


Now that all the important stuff is out of the way, it's time for me to go to sleep for the night. I hope everyone had a great weekend and I guess by the time I get around to posting this, it will already be Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! *I reserve the right to delete any comments deemed offensive or unrelated to the post*
-Katelyn