Saturday, January 2, 2016

10 Days of Turtlenecks (Day Three)


Today is day 3 of 10 in this exciting turtleneck compilation. This particular outfit is a more simple one compiled from things I had sitting around in my closet for a while. Because the pieces in this outfit are older, I wasn't able to find the exact same pieces online, but I tried my best to find similar pieces.


The skirt was a hand-me-down from one of our family friends/neighbors and I can't remember the brand off the top of my head. A similar skirt with suspenders in black can be found at Forever 21 here. Although, the skirt from Forever 21 is currently unavailable, they tend to restock often, so keep checking back if you're interested in this piece.


The turtleneck is the same one from Target that I've been wearing in the past two posts, except this one is in the color "gallery white". The polka dots on the jumper are an off white/beige color, so it doesn't quite match, but I think it still goes together alright. When looking at the outfit from a reasonable distance, they appear to be the same color.


I really love the way that the suspenders cross in the back of the jumper. It has buttons where the straps attach to the skirt so that you can make them shorter or longer, although, I'm wearing them on the shortest length and it's still a little loose. I may have to sew in another pair of button holes so that it fits better in the front part. (I'm not exactly sure what to call the front part of the jumper/suspender skirt...)


I don't remember where I got the boots from either. They're a slouchy, brown suede with a fold-over cuff and they match the chocolate brown color that is the base of the skirt. They have criss-crossing ties on them that you can't see very well in the photo, but they tend to untie while you're walking because the suede material that makes them up doesn't want to stay together. I found a similar pair that has a heel called the Kelly & Katie Vida Boot at DSW which can be found here and are currently on sale for around $70 marked down from $150. With this pair, you wouldn't have to deal with all those annoying ties on a material that keeps slipping down your leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! *I reserve the right to delete any comments deemed offensive or unrelated to the post*
-Katelyn