Tuesday, January 5, 2016

10 Days of Turtlenecks (Day Six)


You thought I wouldn't be able to wear a turtleneck in this many combinations, did you? Well, we still have a couple more days left in the 10 Days of Turtlenecks. Today's outfit is one of my holiday party favorites and can be easily accessorized to fit the tone of whatever event you attend.


The sleeveless turtleneck is the same one featured in yesterday's styling along with the same skirt. However, the way that these two are accessorized differently really changes the entire mood of the outfit. The turtleneck is a Derek Heart brand from Kohl's and is no longer available in stores, but is currently being sold on Ebay here for $8. I like how the silver color of the necklace brings out the metallic silver tones that the turtleneck has. The skirt is from Forever 21 and is similar to this fluted stretch skirt that they are currently selling. I like the shape that this skirt's ruffles give to an otherwise streamlined outfit.


The necklace is a really cool mixed media piece that I got at one of my aunt's jewelry parties. I love the length of this piece because it can be worn long or twisted so that it hangs in two strands. The neutral colors make it very wearable. I couldn't find the exact piece, but I did find this super cute Chelsea Glass Clover Station necklace at Francesca's which is a similar style. Another option would be the Kadelyn Linear Druzy Station necklace that can be found here from Francesca's.

 

The shoes are a satin-texture pump with ruffles and a pointed toe from Nine West. They're a really great pop of color and work well for a holiday party outfit. Since these shoes were a hand-me-down, I was only able to find a similar pair of Nine West pumps, which are super adorable and can be found here. These ones are a red suede with an ankle strap and a bow accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! *I reserve the right to delete any comments deemed offensive or unrelated to the post*
-Katelyn