Monday, January 4, 2016

10 Days of Turtlenecks (Day Five)


Today, we have reached the middle of Ten Days of Turtlenecks. This is personally one of my favorite stylings from the set. It's super comfy and cute at the same time!


The scarf is a blanket scarf purchased at TJ Maxx right before Christmas for around $20. I'm pretty sure it's a wool blend, so it keeps me warm when I chose to wear something like this sleeveless turtleneck. Since it's from TJ Maxx, I can't find it easily online, but I was able to find another cute blanket scarf from Bourbon & Boots in the same price range that is available in a variety of colors here.


The turtleneck I'm wearing today is a Derek Heart sleeveless turtleneck in black with metallic, silver strands woven throughout. This turtleneck was purchased at Kohl's a long time ago, and it's one of my favorite wardrobe staples because it can be worn in pretty much every season. I dress it up with a skirt and long necklace or dress it down with a pair of fun, patterned high-waisted shorts. I thought I wouldn't be able to find this online because of how long ago I purchased it, but it's actually being sold new with tags on Ebay right now for $8 and can be found here. I'm tempted to buy a second one because mine has a small hole in it that has formed over the years of use.


The skirt is the same Forever 21 fluted skirt that I've been wearing in other posts. A very similar skirt can be found here. I tucked the turtleneck into the skirt because the top is really long, and I didn't want the texture and shape of the skirt to get covered up.

The shoes that you see in one of the first pictures are a metallic peep-toe pump from Nine West. Nine West has the most adorable and comfortable heels that you will ever find. They're also extremely durable shoes. The pair I'm wearing is similar to the Dorey d'Orsay Pumps in the color 'Synthetic Bronze' that are currently on sale at Nine West and can be viewed here.


Thanks for the kind comments that these posts have been receiving! I started my second semester of college today and nearly forgot to type this up. Oops... I'll try my hardest to remember tomorrow's post because, as you may have gathered, turtlenecks definitely outweigh academics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! *I reserve the right to delete any comments deemed offensive or unrelated to the post*
-Katelyn