Sunday, December 6, 2015

Current Crafts: A Self-Motivational List

I'm in the middle of several projects right now (and always), so I thought that making a list with all their varying states of progress would help me organize/get motivated to finish some of them. (I'm going to be adding pictures to this list once I am able to take some!)

  1. Flamingo Mittens- I saw the pattern on Pinterest a while ago and when my craft culture professor announced that we would be doing two-color knitting, this was the one project that I really wanted to do. Flamingos are my sorority's mascot, so I thought that these would be adorable for when we do outdoor events in the Winter. (They would have come in super handy for when we went bell-ringing for the Salvation Army.)
  2. Squirrel Mittens- Since I was worried about taking my knitting needles on the plane ride home for Thanksgiving break, I started a new pair of mittens when I got home. The pattern says to knit with a thin yarn on size 1 needles, but I opted for a medium weight yarn on size 3 needles and adjusted the pattern. The pattern that I created is for about a women's medium/large mitten because I'm knitting them for my mom for Christmas. The pattern I based my mittens off of is the Squirrelly Swedish Mittens pattern by Elli Stubenrauch from Elliphantom Knits. This pattern is available for free on Ravelry and I've attached the patterning for my adjustment below.
  3. Floral Monogram Wall Art- I've been meaning to post a tutorial on this one for a while, but I can't do that when the project isn't finished yet. I created this craft from thrift store materials and acrylic paint, so it's really cool to see the transformation. I did an up-cycle project earlier on this blog (See DIY Try: Upcycled Monogramed Glass Jars) and it got some pretty positive feedback, so I decided to try another.
  4. Custom Dog Portrait For My Coworker- I started this one over the summer, but still haven't finished it.
  5. Upcycled Coffee Table Tray- This is another thrift shop up-cycle (see #3) that I'm working on. The green paint that was originally on the tray is a complete pain to take off, so that's been deterring me a little bit. I'm also still deciding how I want to paint it. My mom said she found a really cool coffee table tray at Home Goods that I should look at when I get home, so I might just buy one instead of waiting forever on the one that I've been making forever with no progress.
  6. Striped Scarf- I found some really cute yarn at Walmart and wanted to make something simple with it. Since it was so soft, I decided to make a scarf. I alternated between the colorful yarn and a white glittery yarn, but the yarns were two different thicknesses, so there is a little bit of variation in width between the sections. However, I don't think this will be noticeable when worn. 
  7. Various Drawings- Because what's the point of being an art student if you finish everything you start?
  8. My Secret Sister Gift for my Sorority Gift Exchange
  9. A Bicycle Patterned Dress- I started making a dress towards the end of Summer break but never finished it. Since I don't have my sewing machine up here at college with me, I'm going to have to wait until Christmas break to go a n finish it. By the time I actually get it done, let's hope it still fits...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! *I reserve the right to delete any comments deemed offensive or unrelated to the post*
-Katelyn