Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas Recap (Part Two)

This is the second part of a super long recap of my Christmas festivities. This one, features Mocha in various costumes, which you can see below. I know, very important stuff that you definitely need in your life... She's just such a tolerant dog, and my siblings constantly send me photos of her dressed up that it's really hard not to share them. (If you couldn't already tell, I'm a little bit obsessed with my dog.)




Some of my friends from the dorm floor also decorated our communal bathroom. They were super awesome and bought some real toilet paper for all of us instead of the terrible stuff the school supplies. Girls from all the other floors in our building would use our bathroom just because we had the nice toilet paper, so it got used up a lot faster than they anticipated, but it was nice while it lasted.





I also attended the Concordia College Christmas Concert which is a really big deal. My roommate was singing in it, so I wanted to go see her perform, even though there were about 600 people in the concert and it was hard to make out faces. I got a photo of the really pretty mural that they use as a background, but wasn't able to get one of all of the people singing because I turned my phone off during the performance. It was also a pretty sweet outfit day, so please enjoy a terrible mirror selfie of the dress that my mom thinks looks like a Christmas tree skirt.

Our dorm floor also did a White Elephant/Secret Santa gift exchange, but no one was really sure which it was because our RA gave us names to get gifts for (like a Secret Santa) but she kept calling it a white elephant. The girl whose name I got, really liked elephants, so I thought that I would tie the Secret Santa and White Elephant concepts together and painted a children's plastic elephant from the dollar section of Target white with gold tusks. She really seemed to enjoy it and I had a lot of fun painting it, because I had never painted on a plastic elephant before.

And what Christmas wouldn't be complete without my Aunt Rita's cookies? She makes the most beautifully decorated cookies that it's so hard to eat them because they're like little works of art. But, at the same time, they taste amazing, so it's really hard not to eat them. I have so many pictures of the cookies that she's done over the years, that I'm going to have to share some photos in another post with you all. Since the new Star Wars movie came out, she made some adorable Star Wars themed cookies along with her traditional Christmas ones.

To wrap things up, here's a photo of my friend/sorority sister and I at the fraternity social that I forgot to include in my last post. You can see how great my ugly sweater really is in this picture.

I hope everyone had a great holiday season and continues to do so into the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! *I reserve the right to delete any comments deemed offensive or unrelated to the post*
-Katelyn