Saturday, December 19, 2015

An Open Letter To McDonald's Holiday Pies

Dear Holiday Pies,

It's that time of year again when you grace the warmers of McDonald's. Your crunchy yet soft shells covered in rainbow sprinkles and sugar contrast the warm, custard filling that you contain. Oh, how I love you...


I'm not going to lie, I have a countdown on my phone for when holiday pies come back. (They generally arrive after Thanksgiving is over.) And once Thanksgiving hits, I tend to check every few days, just to double check that I'm not missing out on any precious holiday pie time.

When I'm in Minnesota, and even in North Dakota, I can find you at every McDonald's I visit, but back home, they are nowhere to be found. You're as elusive as the McRib, but I don't think there is as much of a cult following. (And holiday pies definitely have more appeal.) My dad says I probably wouldn't enjoy holiday pies as much if they were around all year, but he's wrong.


Please come back,
Also, in case you were feeling crafty and wanted to make me some holiday pies, here's a DIY recipe for them from Spark Recipes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! *I reserve the right to delete any comments deemed offensive or unrelated to the post*
-Katelyn