Sunday, October 18, 2015

Modcloth Unboxing!


On Monday this week, my long awaited package from Modcloth arrived! It's always super fun to unwrap all the items, and this time, I was especially excited because I was also receiving a Fall Grab Bag because I spent over $150 on this purchase!


Like always, my order comes in a beautiful periwinkle, white and brown box decorated with polka dots. Even the box makes a statement! When I was walking home from the campus post office, two or three girls asked me what I got from Modcloth after seeing this signature box.



All of the items came wrapped separately, and I was super excited to open up my Fall Grab Bag (Upper left).


The bag itself is adorable. It's a faux denim with plaid accent and navy blue lining. I'm totally going to be using this to carry around art supplies!



Inside was a plaid Modcloth themos (see close up below) and a navy blue beanie. I've never been one for this style of hat, but I've seen some Pinterest DIYs that I can use to spruce it up a bit. I'm sorry for the poor quality of image but my phone doesn't seem to like to photograph dark colors.




I bought this dress mainly for the flamingo print because of my sorority.The neckline is beautiful and I love the little bow detail. The skirt is a little long on my legs, so I'm going to hem it when I get home for break. Sometimes these dresses also don't have much volume in the skirt, but I intend to wear one of my tulle skirts underneath it.

If you're interested in other flamingo themed fashion, check out my post: Fashion Faves: Flamingo Fest!



This dress is awesome! I was expecting a stiffer material judging on the website photo, but it turned out to be kind of like a neoprene. The one thing that bugs me about this dress is that the ruffle on the skirt is attached in pieces but the backs of the pieces are white,  so when you move, you can see the unfinished sides of the fabric. There is also no hem on the bottom of the ruffles, so I may have to add one myself to convince myself that I won't get a frayed edge.



This dress is super awesome. The website said that it ran small and to size up, so I moved up to a medium. Man, were they right, the medium fits like a charm! The two different patterns are also different types of fabric which leads for an interesting composition. Even though the zipper isn't meant to be an accent, I really like the industrial vibe that it adds.

I'm sorry that I had to keep this post kind of vague, I have a lot of stuff going on this weekend. I'll probably come back and update this post in the week to come, so make sure you check it out!
*I am a Modcloth affiliate, but was in no way compensated for this post. All products shown were purchased with my own money and all opinions expressed are entirely my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! *I reserve the right to delete any comments deemed offensive or unrelated to the post*
-Katelyn