Thursday, September 10, 2015

My First Two Weeks At Concordia Wrap-Up


Now that I'm all settled into college, I'd like to share with you a couple of my favorite experiences from the last two weeks. It took a while to adjust to being so far away from home and knowing no one, but I'm beginning to love going to school here!

I didn't know my roommate before I started here, and we had just had one or two conversations over social media, so I was super nervous to meet her. We get along super well and I couldn't have asked for a better roommate. We've done all sorts of interesting stuff together including trying to get a two-hundred pound futon up to the third floor of our building which doesn't have elevators. We've gone grocery shopping a few times together, which is always an adventure. And we're both rushing the single sorority that we have on campus together, too.

There were also corndogs here on move-in day and a couple times since, so needless to say, I've eaten a lot of corndogs since I got here. The food is pretty good, especially the loaded baked potato soup, which I could eat for every single meal if I had the option.


Here's some pictures of my orientation club. The dime sign really made no sense to any of us, but everyone else seemed to think it was hilarious.


One of the girls who I was talking to during bingo night, said that her roommate head that if you moved a ceiling tile to the side, it got cooler in the room. So they moved a ceiling tile and they found a box of letters from the girls who lived there before them. I've heard stories like this from other people. So my roommate and I decided to check our ceiling and we found a whole bunch of Ramen. It was all really expired (from like 2012) and we didn't know what to do with it, so we just put it back in the ceiling. We're considering adding more Ramen to it at the end of the year. (We don't have air conditioning in our building and we don't have a fan, so it's been a sweaty first couple of weeks, as you can tell from the pictures.)



We also have one sorority on campus (as previously mentioned), Delta Lambda Sigma and my roommate and I are rushing. Since, it's the only chapter of this sorority and it's the only one on campus, rush week is a little different than at my friends' schools. There's an activity every night for about a week and a half, and while they're not required, the more you go to, the better chance you have of becoming a pledge. So far, we've had an ice cream social, a dinner and tonight we're playing night games with a fraternity from the college across the river. (Because capture the flag is the best thing ever!)
Please ignore how messy our room is in the background, we were still redecorating that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! *I reserve the right to delete any comments deemed offensive or unrelated to the post*
-Katelyn