Friday, August 7, 2015

TJ Maxx Haul



Okay, so I went to TJ Maxx yesterday while my brother was at the pet store picking up food for his bearded dragon and bought a few more dorm room things. These were already incorporated into the list that I previously posted due to some weird timing and editing on that last post. I purchased five items and it ended up totaling to around $50, which isn't bad considering the quality of some of these items.

First, I got two little notebooks. They're about 5'X7' and both are spiral bound which makes them so much easier to write in.

This first notebook has a really great leather feel to its covers, making it incredibly soft to the touch. The lettering on the cover reads "Carpe Diem" which means "Seize The Day" in Latin. This would normally be a super cliched, white girl notebook, but I took Latin throughout high school and just felt like I needed to get it. The pages are white with delicately dotted blue lines to match the covers. The tops of the pages are illustrated with an arrow print, which isn't my favorite, but it's still a great color. The insides of both covers are a hot pink color that really gives it a pop! This particular notebook is by the brand C.R. Gibson and is labeled that it would usually retail for $6 but was $3.99 at TJ Maxx. It contains 160 pages, so lots of room for note taking and doodling!


The second notebook is also by C.R. Gibson. This one has a Kate Spade feel to it with the use of metallic gold dots on the black cover and the sides on the pages being hot pink. The cover is glossy unlike the matte appearance of the other one. The inside covers are white with black polka dots and are super cute! This notebook was priced the same as the other one ($6 suggested retail and sold for $3.99). It also contains 160 pages which are lined in hot pink. This one has no illustration at the top of the pages, which I'm okay with because it would just be too over the top with the thick, hot pink lining.


Next, I got a package of ten binder clips for $4.99. It felt like a lot to be spending on binder clips at about 50 cents a piece, but they had some really cute sayings printed on them and the packaging was definitely a huge draw. The label says that they are $8 suggested retail, and if they were priced at that, I don't think I would have bought them. Thank god for TJ Maxx! These binder clips are from the brand roobe by mara-mi. They're actually fairly large binder clips, which I've been needing because my current stash of binder clips is composed of really tiny ones. They are printed with sayings such as "Be Special", "Be Different" and "Be Unique" in a gold font. The clips themselves are white and the little arms of the binder clips are gold to match the lettering. 


Next, I got a desk organizer that I had been eyeballing for a while. The desk organizer that I had before this had these super pretty metal roses sticking out of the front, but some of the petals have broken off over the years and with them, the white paint has chipped. I figured that it was time to get a new one for school and just leave the old one at home. Plus, this new one can fit a full sized notebook, my old one was only able to fit smaller notebooks, so it mainly was used as a pencil holder. This one is made of a metal and has a white color. The walls of the organizer are composed of swirling vines and flowers, making it possible to see through the front compartments into the back one. It also has little foam squares on the bottom to prevent the edges from cutting up the surface of a desk. I got this for only $9.99 (Comparable at $15) and it was totally worth it!

Lastly, I bought a piece of canvas art that I'm totally in love with. Normally, I'm not a huge fan of glitter art, mainly because of how messy it gets when the glitter falls off, but this particular piece has a coating to prevent that while still maintaining the shine of the glitter. The glitter is a chunkier variety, almost like a sequin or confetti, and shines a radiant gold color when the light hits it. In the middle of the glitter is a white ampersand. I've always been a dork for punctuation and the ampersand is probably my favorite punctuation mark besides the semi-colon. The white of the ampersand has a few small pieces of glitter on it. At first, I thought it may be accidental, but upon inspecting other prints of the same piece, they all had that quality to them and I went ahead with buying it. TJ Maxx is definitely the place to go for inexpensive wall art that looks like it's great quality. I bought this piece for $16.99 and while I can't quite remember the comparable price, it was definitely a great deal! I plan on using command strips to hang it from my dorm room wall, or maybe leaning it against the wall on the top of my dresser!



Overall, I'm very happy with these purchases and think they'll make a great addition to the rest of my decor! I'm just hoping that I'll have the space for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! *I reserve the right to delete any comments deemed offensive or unrelated to the post*
-Katelyn